BetMGM Sportsbook Indiana Promo Code 2021
MGM made its entry into the U.S. sports betting market (outside of Nevada) in September 2018. Given MGM Resorts International’s considerable resources, it’s been a boon for sports bettors to have the entertainment and hospitality giant devoting effort into the space, all across the U.S.
BetMGM Sportsbook comes to Indiana in partnership with Belterra Casino Resort in Florence, Indiana. The Indiana Gaming Commission granted authorization for BetMGM to go live on February 25, 2020. MGM company has a strong sports betting pedigree and a robust platform and includes a solid welcome offer along with ongoing promotions for existing players, all adding to the overall package.
BetMGM Sportsbook IN bonus offer – September 2021
Those signing up for accounts with BetMGM are going to be able to claim one of the biggest welcome offers in the business right now, a risk-free bet worth as much as $1000.
BetMGM Sportsbook 2021 bonus code and details
|BetMGM Sportsbook IN Promo Code||HSB1000|
|Welcome Bonus||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000|
|Partners||Belterra Casino Resort/GVC|
How it works
When you sign up for a new BetMGM online sportsbook account using one of the many links on this page and promo code HSB1000, BetMGM will make your first bet risk-free. Meaning if it loses, they’ll send you free bets to make up for it.
In order to be eligible for the promotion new sign ups must make a deposit of at least $10. Once completed, your first bet, and only your first bet, qualifies for the promotion. If the result doesn’t favor you, BetMGM will credit you free bets equal to the value of the first bet (max $1000) within 24 hours.
Any free bets earned through this promotion will be divided up into 20% portions. If you maxed out the offer, you would receive five individual $200 free bets. If your first wager is under $50 it will all be one singular free bet ticket. Be sure to use any free bet credits within the first week that you have them, otherwise they will expire.
Advantages of betting with BetMGM
To help power its online site, MGM brought in the services of GVC, primarily a Euro-based gambling platform known for working with Ladbrokes Coral and partypoker, among other groups. The $200 million partnership between MGM and GVC was first announced in late July 2018 and began receiving regulators’ approvals a year later.
Here is a quick overview of why we think BetMGM is one of the best U.S. online sportsbooks in the game right now:
- Big range of sports – The sports available for betting at BetMGM Indiana are about as good as you are going to find. There are 17 in total and include fan favorites such as basketball, baseball, football and hockey. On top of that, a few exotics are included as well, such as Aussie rules, rugby league, and rugby union. Indiana is pretty liberal when it comes to events for wagering, so you may see
- Media — BetMGM has partnered with some data and media suppliers such as Sportradar and several leagues directly, which has allowed them to offer actual game footage within the sportsbook, as well as live stat updates (the kind you’ll see on Yahoo’s StatTracker or on ESPN’s Gamecast), which is a cool to have at your disposal in one place.
- Parlay cards – For those that like placing parlay bets, this feature is for you. It allows you to get an overview of a vast range of games that take place every day and to add your picks quickly to your bet slip. You can easily change the wager coverage here as well, which is a big plus.
- Live betting – With a huge range of games turning live, the live betting section is major component of the sportsbook. Not only is wager coverage here on point, but each sport includes its own match center highlighting the progress of each game.
- Partnerships — MGM has been active on the partnership and sponsorship front — teaming up with Buffalo Wild Wings and Yahoo! Sports among others. Good chance that through one of those deals, you’ll be eligible for an advantageous promotion.
What’s not so great at BetMGM?
- Uncompetitive pricing on many player and game props
- Weird pricing on some pregame wagers
- Menus be a bit disorganized at times
Special promos and offers
The promo section at BetMGM is one of the highlights for us. It features a nice balance of giving existing players reasons to hang around after the welcome offer while not overcomplicating things with offers most people don’t use.
Promos include at various times:
- Free live bets — Specific promotions rotate; during basketball season, we saw the opportunity to bet NBA and NCAA basketball live bets — and receive free bets up to $100. The offering unlocked $5 for every $25 in live wagers.
- Seasonal promos — Around events such as March Madness, you may see an offer such as an NCAA basketball $20 risk-free bet.
- Overtime insurance –If you side/team loses in overtime, you would get credit back your wager.
- Parlay insurance — Specifics vary but have included an offer that if you get four legs right and miss the fifth, you’ll get credited back your stake.
- Price boost — The sportsbook will boost the price on a variety of different games or props, for example, such as Colts +150 to score a touchdown first and beat the Texans — to +225.
- Casino crossover offerings — You’ll also get offers to simply play a hand of blackjack and get a sportsbook free bet.
BetMGM loyalty program
BetMGM runs what is called their Money Monday Club. This is not strictly designed as a loyalty program, but it is a recurring, free-to-join offer, so for the sake of this section of the review, it is a loyalty program!
The offer rewards players with a $10 weekly free bet that you need to opt into to receive. To trigger your $10 free bet, you need to place $50 worth of wagers or more during previous week.
A qualifying bet must be staked at odds of -300 or higher (-295 or -200 would qualify). You can bet on any sport and in any market for this, just make sure that the odds are high enough.
When your free bet lands in your account, you get to keep any winnings from your bet, but not the stake.
We really like how the Money Monday Club terms are about as simple as you can get for the offer. It’s not a loyalty program in your strictest sense, but it does offer value over a period of time for players who consistently bet. As a result, we think this is just enough value to be included within the loyalty program category.
How to register an account at BetMGM
Setting up your account with BetMGM takes just a couple of minutes to complete. We will walk you through this using a desktop, but it’s worth noting you can register an account using the app as well.
Clicking the “Register” button at the top of the screen is the first step. You will first be asked to provide your name, email, and date of birth. Then you will need to create a user ID along with your password.
On this page you will also be asked to provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number for identification purposes, as a security precaution for your own benefit, and your cell phone number, also for account security.
The third part of the process then requires you to register your address.
Software platforms available
BetMGM has both desktop and mobile options for iOS and Android devices. Both platforms are powered for the MGM brand by GVC.
The link between MGM and GVC has been an interesting one, and we will admit that we were surprised to see them offer a totally customized layout for the BetMGM site. We say this because we thought that GVC would be using the same platform as one of their other current brands.
What you get from the desktop version of the BetMGM Sportsbook is a relatively minimalistic look and feel to it. There is a simple white background with black text and a sliding banner at the top of the home page.
Once you dive into the sports and betting options, the layout remains minimalistic and uncluttered, which we generally appreciate. You get long lists of bets you can make, with the clear layout allowing you to identify and choose your bets quickly and easily.
We really like the layout, which is both user-friendly and intuitive to navigate. Once you dive into the sport you want to bet on, you get an overview of the featured games at the top of the page and then the highlights with a full selection down the middle.
You can “favorite” certain games or markets, which basically means that you pin them to the top of the page. If you are a parlay fan or have a huge range of games you want to sift through, then this is a handy little feature.
BetMGM Mobile Sportsbook App
The mobile app can be downloaded on both iOS and Android platforms. For iOS, all you need to do is head over to the App Store. For Android, you need to download the APK file directly from the BetMGM site.
The BetMGM is pretty strong, top to bottom. The simplicity of the desktop site transfers brilliantly across to mobile. In fact, it is only when you use the app that you really start to appreciate the smart and clear design choices of the desktop version.
On the app we loved the menu at the bottom of the screen and the fact that the bet slip was hidden at all times until called upon. It runs as smoothly as you could want, and ties in all the sports and wagers nicely.
There’s a search function on both the app and the desktop platform, which yields results for spread bets and totals and futures for the team you may be searching. Pretty convenient when there’s a ton of leagues playing full slates at the same time.
That said, on other areas, the organization is lacking. We found during Super Bowl time, BetMGM was offering a wide range of props, but they were organized in no particular order at all. It was difficult to find MVP props versus quarter or halve props, and so forth. Kind of a mess.
One more minor gripe we have with the app is that it lacks a little color, if only for separation of games. When you’ve got a long list to sort through — say, a huge slate of NBA and college games — they can all start to merge into one a little, which is not ideal.
Banking at BetMGM
The banking range is one of the highlights at the BetMGM sportsbook. We have spoken about this in other reviews, but when you use the more established names, the banking section is usually one of the standout sections, and this is no different with BetMGM.
Here is a look at what you can expect for deposit options:
- Online banking transfer — Log into your bank online through the portal and choose your desired account to draw funds
- PayPal – Link up your PayPal account (but to if you’re funding with a credit card here)
- VIP Preferred ACH/e-Check – Provide your bank routing number, account number and driver’s license number, for instant deposits.
- PayNearMe – A cash option that allows you to access 27,000 stores (including 7-Eleven’s throughout the country).
- Skrill – One of the e-wallets and a quick method to get money in anonymously.
- Prepaid card (Play+) – These cards can be signed up for when you register an account. You can load them using any bank or card transfer, making this one of the better all-around options.
- Visa/MasterCard – Similar to a direct bank transfer, this could be limited based on the bank that you use, but for those who can access this is likely your most secure option.
- American Express – One of the few sportsbooks to accept this method, but fees may be charged by the card issuer.
All deposits start from as little as $10 and for the most part are processed immediately.
Withdrawals also start from $10. BetMGM processed withdrawals via PayPal several times in roughly 8 to 12 hours, for amounts from $200 to $4,000. It was pretty quick, faster than any sportsbook we’ve tested, and much appreciated.
- VIP Preferred
- Online banking
- Check by mail (not available as a deposit method)
Pricing and lines at BetMGM
Betting lines at BetMGM are a mixed bag and a source of our main/major complaint with the sportsbook overall.
- Pregame wagers: During the NFL season and across other sports as well, you will often see wonky pricing on spread or total bets. For example, Chiefs-Ravens total over 48 (-135) and under 48 (+110). And there may not be alternative pricing available. It’s a major disservice to the bettor. Just set the darned line and shade the price a bit, maybe -120, but it just gets silly at times. And then do the math, the vig is often 25 or 30 cents, rather than a standard 20 cents. This is bad.
- Prop bets: We’ve also found that pricing on player props is often vastly inferior at BetMGM. For example, LeBron James o/u 25.5 points at competing books is -112 both ways. At BetMGM? Over -125, under -112. In the same game, Ja Morant is -134 under and-106 over. That’s 40 cents total, compared with between 20 and 30 elsewhere. We saw this across the board — not just an outlier. Most likely you are going to want to shy away from player props at BetMGM, unless you happen to find there’s a side you like that is priced out of whack but favorable to the side you lean.
Looking beyond this across all sports: One of the ways for us to test pricing is by looking at the margins applied to bets. For those that don’t know, the margin is basically the amount of money the sportsbook makes for each bet. Lower the margin, the better for the bettor.
NFL and soccer saw a fairly low margin throughout on moneyline bets. We found these margins mostly ranging from 3.0% to 3.5%. There were exceptions, but overall these are some of the lowest margins that we have seen.
Unfortunately, as you move into other sports such as NBA, MLB, and tennis, the margins were much higher. We were seeing numbers north of 4.5% and some even as high as 6%, which is quite bad.
Reiterating an earlier point, we were also able to see quite large inconsistencies for spread and points bets. A general line for most sportsbooks would be around -110, but we have seen some around the -134 mark, which is not good.
All of this means it is important to target your sports with BetMGM. The betting lines are not terrible across the board — indeed, far from it. But they are definitely more inviting for certain sports, so as always, shop around.
You get a good range of markets to choose from throughout the BetMGM sportsbook. As already noted, there are 17 in total in Indiana, and these include a couple of exotics as well, which is nice.
- Basketball (NBA and NCAA)
- Football (NFL and NCAA)
- Mixed martial arts
- Motor Sports
- Soccer (multiple leagues)
A big range, and pretty much everything U.S. bettors have come to expect:
- Spread bets
- In-play betting
- Game props
- Player props
- Parlays and teasers
- Cash outs
MGM is not currently running a land-based book in Indiana. Belterra Casino Resort’s physical sportsbook is operated and branded as FanDuel Sportsbook,so depositing and withdrawing at the casino cage will not be an option.
- BetMGM Sportsbook IN bonus offer – September 2021
- Advantages of betting with BetMGM
- What’s not so great at BetMGM?
- Special promos and offers
- BetMGM loyalty program
- How to register an account at BetMGM
- Software platforms available
- Banking at BetMGM
- Pricing and lines at BetMGM
- Betting markets
- Betting types
- Land-based sportsbook