Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code and Review
Barstool started as a print publication in Boston that covered pop culture and sports and has grown into an empire, lead by their fearless leader, David Portnoy aka- El Presidente. From his feud with NFL commish Roger Goodell to his pizza reviews, it seems Portnoy always seems to find his way into the spotlight. Despite the antics, Portnoy and Barstool have built this empire from the ground up and the latest business venture by the brand is their very own Barstool online sportsbook, made possible via a partnership with Penn National.
The Barstool Sportsbook gives bettors what they want, competitive lines, great promos, interactions with their favorite Barstool personalities, and getting money on and off the site is a breeze. We had our hesitations about what a Barstool branded sportsbook would look like, but overall, the Barstool online sportsbook has all the tools to compete with the biggest names in the industry.
On this page we will walk you through everything about Barstool Sportsbook Indiana including registration, banking choices, betting options, and all the top bonus and promotional offerings.
Barstool Sportsbook IN bonus offer – May 2022
When you sign up for a new account at Barstool Sportsbook in Indiana you will get $10 in bonus cash. After making your first deposit, your first bet will be risk-free up to $1000.
|Barstool IN Promo Code||None Needed|
|No Deposit Bonus||$10 Free|
|First Deposit Bonus||Risk-Free Bet up to $1000|
|Bonus Validated||May 2022|
|Online Since||May 2021|
How it works
After successfully completing the registration process (detailed below), there will be $10 in bonus funds that can be used on any market and require just a 1x playthrough. This means if you bet $10 on the Pacers to win, and they do, the winning amount is now transferred from your bonus balance to your cash balance.
Once you make your first deposit your first bet following that deposit is risk-free up to $1000. This means that you make a deposit using one of the many banking options offered by Barstool Sportsbook, and place your first cash bet, and it comes out a winner, you are paid out your winning bet just like any other. You are free to do what you want with the winnings. If that bet comes up a bit short you will be refunded up to $1000 in bonus funds.
So, let’s say you make your first deposit of $500, and place a $500 bet on Butler to win at +200. If Butler wins, you will be paid out $1500, and nothing else happens. If Butler somehow loses, you will then receive $500 in bonus funds. These bonus funds play the same as cash, so you can place bets of any size and you will get paid out both the wager and the profit from the bet. The site credit refund is a huge benefit as other books may just give you a one time free bet that only pays profit, or site credit that does not pay the initial stake. So, in that situation, if you bet $500 at +100, you would only get paid $500, where Barstool will pay the full $1000 just as if you bet cash.
Advantages of playing at Barstool Online Sportsbook
- Promotions: Barstool has daily odds boosts, and their “Bet with Barstool” where you can bet with or against Barstool personalities. Barstool also offers a semi-regular promotional schedule that includes bet matches, extra money payouts on winning bets, leaderboards, and more.
- Wide selection of betting options: Barstool uses Kambi, the same company that powers DraftKings and BetRivers, for pricing and betting options. You will find hundreds of bets on every matchup.
- Mobile app: The Barstool mobile app is a cross between FanDuel and DraftKings, taking some of the best features of both. Easy to use, very responsive, and available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Partnership with Penn National: Penn National has shown their dedication to being one of the top online sports and casino providers in the country. Barstool Sportsbook is the result of a deal between Penn National and the Barstool brand in order to offer online sports betting in any legal market throughout the U.S.
Registering a new account at Barstool Online Sportsbook IN
In order to take advantage of their new account offer, you will first need to register. The whole process is painless and takes just a few minutes from start to finish. Before we go over the registration process, there are a few legal requirements in order to start playing. These include:
- Age: As with any in-person sportsbook, you will need to be at least 21 years of age to gamble online in Indiana. Underage gambling is a huge no-no.
- Location: Online sports betting is legal on a state by state basis, so in order to place bets, you have to physically be located within the borders of Indiana. Barstool is not limited to Indiana residents, and you can register a new account from out of state, but you will need to set foot in the state to place any bets.
- No exclusion lists: Whether you were banned from a live casino 20 years ago for underage gambling, lost online privileges or self excluded, you will not be able to create a new account if you are on any of these exclusion lists.
If you meet the criteria listed above, you are ready to get started. You can start by going to the website on your computer or by downloading the mobile app. You will see a little icon next to the login button and there will be a popup giving you the option to login, or create a new account. Click on create a new account and you will be prompted to enter your email address, username, create a password and if you have a promo code, you can enter it there.
You will then be asked to provide your full name, address, date of birth, phone number and last four of your social security number. All of this information is run through a secure database just for identification purposes. Barstool legally needs to know that you are who you say you are before allowing you to place any bets. Identity verification take just a few seconds after all your information is plugged in, and you will be ready to place your first bet using the free $10 provided, or make your first deposit.
Banking options at Barstool Sportsbook IN
Keeping your money safe and your financial transactions secure is top priority for all legal and regulated online sportsbooks, and Barstool is no different. Gone are the days of betting on shady offshore sites, wondering if you will ever get paid out on your big win, or using shady prepaid cards to get your hard-earned money on and off the sites. All banking options at Barstool are thoroughly vetted by the Indiana Gaming Commission to make sure that all your deposits and withdrawals are quick and painless. Furthermore, most are payment methods that you already use every day including credit cards and PayPal. Options include:
- Credit/Debit cards: Pull out your wallet, grab your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card for quick secure deposits.
- PayPal: You probably opened a PayPal account in 2003 when you bought that CD player for your car, and now you can use that same account for all your banking needs on Barstool 20 years later.
- ACH/eCheck: Most of us have not written a physical check in a few years, but now you can use the information from those checks that have been collecting dust in the junk drawer to fund and withdraw from your Barstool Sportsbook account. Simply enter the routing and account numbers, it will be run through a secure processor, and Voila! You now have a simple banking option.
- Barstool Play+ Card: Play+ has become a staple of the U.S. regulated gambling industry. You can sign up directly in the cashier, fund it with a credit card or bank account and you will find your physical card in the mailbox about two weeks later. You can use that card at any ATM, or anywhere Discover is accepted.
- PayNearMe: If cash is more your thing, you can use PayNearMe by clicking on the option in the cashier, and you will be issued a barcode. Hop in the car, head on over to any 7-11, Family Dollar, or CVS along with some cash, and the cashier will scan it for you at the register. Hand over your cash and you will see it reflected in your balance within about 15 minutes. This is a deposit only option, so you will need to use one of the other options for withdrawals.
- Online Banking: If your bank is on the list, you can make a deposit at the same time you are paying your bills online. Online Bill Pay through your bank is a convenient option for both deposits and withdrawals.
- Bank Wire: Simple enough, wire money to Barstool, and they can wire it back when you are ready to withdraw. There is likely to be an associated wire fee.
Barstool IN Online Sportsbook available platforms
Whether you prefer to place your bets on your laptop or on your mobile device, Barstool has you covered. Mobile apps are available for iOS and Android, and both perform beautifully.
Computer based sportsbook
The Barstool browser-based online sportsbook makes navigating to all your favorite bets a breeze, but could be considered a bit cluttered compared to the competition like BetRivers and Caesars Sportsbook. The top sports options of the day are listed with large icons on the top of the screen, and the top matchups are listed right there on the homepage. The left side of the screen has buttons to take you to live games, the promotions page, preferences, and any other links you may need.
When you select your bet, a huge betslip pops out from the right hand side of the screen. It, well, is just too big, but we may be splitting hairs here. Once the betslip pops out, it covers a third of the screen, and covers more betting options that you could be adding to put together a parlay, or just making multiple bets.
The browser-based book runs fairly smooth, but can be a bit delayed at times. Moving from page to page is not as fast as we would like it, but once again, we may be spoiled by the responsiveness of other sportsbooks like FanDuel and DraftKings. The computer based online sportsbook seems to be an afterthought. The majority of bets are being placed via the mobile app.
Barstool Sportsbook Mobile app
Barstool obviously invested most of their development time to building the mobile app, as it is honestly one of the best in the industry. They did their homework and may have stolen some design features from their competitors, and added a bit of their own Barstool flair to make it their own. Easy to navigate, very responsive, and a slew of extra features makes the Barstool app one of our favorites to use.
The buttons across the top of the screen lead you to their “Bet with Barstool” and odds boosts, along with all the top betting options of the day. Just above the buttons are scrolling banners that lead you to their top promotions, and across the bottom of the screen they can bring you to all available markets, the betslip, and provide quick access to your account. When you add bets to your betslip, a flag will pop up on the betslip itself, and when you’ve added all your desired bets, click on the flag and the betslip will populate the screen. Enter the amount, place your bet, sit back, and enjoy the game(s).
Barstool betting lines
Like many other online sportsbooks in the U.S., Barstool uses Kambi for their lines and pricing. DraftKings, BetRivers, and Unibet all use Kambi, so if you get a price on any of those, don’t expect to find a better price on Barstool. In fact, DraftKings has a special deal with Kambi to get slightly better pricing than any other book, so it may be prudent to check DraftKings when placing larger bets, but smaller bets may only have a difference of a few cents here and there.
That being said, Kambi lines are pretty standard, often offering 20 cent lines (-110 on spreads and totals) and fair margins on the moneyline and props. We will always suggest price shopping, as some books will have better odds and lines, but typically it will only be slightly better or slightly worse.
Where Kambi lines are less than desirable are on prop bets, both team props and individual props. The margins on these bets can reach highs of 50 cents and the lowest we have found are around 40 cent margins. This means that if you are betting on Miles Turner O/U points, and the odds on the U15.5 is -110, you could see the O15.5 as high as -160. If you are looking for better pricing on props, FanDuel may be your best bet.
Barstool available markets
Barstool has wide selection of betting markets. This list may fluctuate depending on special events such as the Olympics, but here’s a rundown of available markets at the time of writing:
- Aussie Rules
- Table Tennis
Barstool IN available betting options
Betting online gives you the freedom to not only bet the standard bets such as moneyline, spreads, and totals, but really anything you can imagine is typically available to wager on. The fun doesn’t stop once the game starts, as ingame betting is one of the biggest perks to taking your betting experience virtual.
For those old school folks who only bet the classics, the moneyline, spreads, totals, props, futures, parlays and more are readily available, but in addition to those are a ton of more creative betting options. You can combine points/rebounds/assists or choose the top scorer of the game. Betting for each quarter, half, period is easily found across the top of each game, and although this may sound overwhelming, Barstool does a great job of sorting to help get you to the bet of your choice.
Ingame betting on Barstool is more delayed than other sites, but still gets the job done. Live betting lines can sometimes be a bit less player friendly than the competition too, but not by much. Ingame bets are typically available for most markets aside from player props. Overall, the ingame betting options are plentiful, but can be frustrating when your bet times out three times and before you know it, your +150 odds have gone away and you are now stuck at -150.
Barstool Indiana retail sports betting
Hollywood Casino in Lawrenceburg is home to the Barstool Sportsbook, and offers all the same bets in-person that you can find online. The retail sportsbook offers live tickers streaming in real time, self-serve betting kiosks, plenty of HDTVs, and food and drink specials for you to enjoy as you sweat all the action. Be sure to check the hours before heading over to place a bet.